The Department of Hindi, established in the year 1950, offers the additional language course for the students of BA, BSc and BCom. Prof P J Joseph was the first Head of the Department.
The Department of Hindi gives students an understanding of Hindi language and literature and helps them achieve practical communication skills which are necessary for everyday life. The Department envisions communication oriented education that helps the students to improve their proficiency in the national language.
At present there are two faculty members in the Department and both the faculty members are PhD holders. Members of the Department function regularly in the Board of Studies(UG)
Dr K K Marykutty is the current Head of the Department.